Condo Insurance: Coverage Fundamentals
If you live in a condo, your Condo Association probably provides some level of rudimentary insurance coverage. Typically, such coverage is limited to one of the following three types of policy:
- Coverage for the complex’s primary building and common areas
- Coverage for each building and for items within each unit considered to be property of the condominium complex
- Coverage for each building, each individual unit, and for any fixtures or improvements to the unit made by the occupant
Condo Insurance Liability Coverage
With sufficient condo coverage, you can protect your condo from fires, wind and hailstorms, lightning strikes, theft, and other events not covered by association coverage.
What Are Condo Insurance Exclusions?
As with home insurance policies, condo insurance doesn’t cover specific peril types:
- Earthquakes and mudslides
- Natural deterioration and neglect
- Birds, rodents, insects, and domesticated animals
Multi-Policy Condo Insurance Discounts
If you purchase condo insurance through a E/G of Florida Insurance carrier, you may be eligible for discounts if you’re an existing E/G of Florida policyholder. Whether you’re an existing customer with our agency or not, ask about multi-policy discounts when you bundle condo insurance with other policies.
For a Free Condo Quote, Contact E/G of Florida Insurance Agency
If you’re shopping for condo insurance in Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie or anywhere else in Florida, we’d be thrilled to hear from you. As an independent Florida insurance agent, we offer free, comparative quotes on Condo Insurance from multiple insurance carriers, meaning you’ll get the best possible rate. Our ability to comparison-shop on your behalf saves lots of time, too!
If you’re ready to see how much we can save you on condo insurance, call E/G of Florida today at 866-565-3939! For a free online condo insurance quote, fill out the quote form on the E/G of Florida Contact Page.